Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Blogger Award!

I am so thankful to receive a wonderful blogger award from one special momma at Finding My New Normal.

I know I haven't posted in awhile, and its only because I am not quite ready to share what has been going on the past few weeks. I promise I will update next week, but for now, the thought of putting it all out there is a little scary.

Once again, THANK YOU for the bloggy award and here it goes!



Here's how this award works.


  1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you the award.
  2. Share 7 things about yourself.
  3. Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers.
  4. Make sure you contact these bloggers to let them know about the award. 
Seven Things About Me
  1. I have been to many different places on the planet including Jamaica, Mexico, New Zealand, Australia, and Canada. I love to travel and sadly haven't been able to since my wedding over three years ago! Hopefully sometime soon hubby and I can find time to sneak away for a quick weekend or something like that!
  2. I was a big nerd in high school. I was obsessed with being that 'perfect' girl that had it all, and in reality I didn't. Then in college I went the exact opposite and partied WAY too much. I am happy to say that I have finally found a happy medium, and am really happy with who I am.
  3. I grew up just outside of Chicago, IL and LOVE the Chicago Cubs. I am quite obsessed with them actually. I am very proud to say that MJ went to a Cubs game, Opening Day 2009 when he was tucked in my belly!
  4. I think no matter weight I am, I will always feel fat. I would love to lose 50 pounds, but losing weight is hard! I lost 30 lbs, and would to keep that trend up!
  5. I never thought I would find someone like my husband. He amazes me each and every day, and I never thought someone could make me so happy. Sometimes I wonder when he is gonna wake up and realize he is married to a big dork!
  6. This blog is one of the only reasons I made it through the first year after losing MJ. I know I don't post a lot anymore, but I am constantly thinking of posts I would like to write! If only there could be a few more hours in each day!
  7. I always thought that I would want to love someplace warm and never experience snow again. But I actually missed snow this year. We didn't get any in Kansas until last week, and I was really sad for awhile. Although now that it is here, I am ready for it to go!
And the Awards Go To
Love all of you ladies and am SO happy that I found your blogs!
  1. Devon at Life as We Know It
  2. Stephanie at Carried Through Grief
  3. Desiree at Journey to Motherhood
  4. Christy at Almost a Mother
  5. Beckie at Beckie's Infertility Journey
  6. Courtney  at Cloudy with Hope
  7. Angie at Expectation Revised
  8. Lori at Lori Does Maryland
  9. Laura at Moments of Pause
  10. Rikki at My Forever Family
  11. Brooke at Polka Dots and Ric Rac
  12. Ethans Mommy at The Story of Ethan James
  13. C at The Port of Indecision
  14. Aly at The Infertility Overachievers
  15. Trisha at Looking for Blue Sky

5 comments:

Trisha Larson said...

Megan-

Thank you so much for honoring me in this way. It really touched my heart this morning.

I am happy to have found your blog but sad that you know my pain. It's a very special club that we belong to and it looks like our paths have been very similar.

Big Hugs,
Trisha

Courtney said...

Thank you so much for the award Megan. Sending you loads of love & *hugs*

Devon said...

thank you for the reward! so sweet of you!

MamaMishler said...

Thanks so much for the award, it means so much to me that my blog and story touched your life. I wish we didn't have the reasons to write that we do but I am grateful for all the wonderful mommies I have met since beginning this journey. Love and Hugs! Ethansmommy
(otherwise known as Ami)

Rikki said...

thanks for the award megan. Reading your blog has helped me so much i am so glad that we found each other :)