Monday, October 11, 2010

Patches the Bear Comes for a Visit

Patches the Bear has come for a visit! Patches has gone around Canada and the United States 'patching' up hearts one at a time. I am so happy that he has come and visit me! Patches came just before I left for New Orleans to visit my very good friends (who also happen to be babylost mommas - both of their babies were born with CDH, the same birth defect as MJ). It was a wonderful visit and Patches kept MJ company while we were gone! Here is Patches with MJ's ashes, the teddy bear that was always by his bedside, the figurine made for us by the Midnight Orange, and the beautiful pendant Beckie from Beckie's Infertility Journey sent me.


After we got home, Patches hung out with the portrait we had commissioned after we lost MJ. We never had any pictures of our boys together without MJ intubated until after we lost him. I love this picture of them, it makes me think of how amazing it would have been to have both of them together, healthy and whole.



Patches then hung out a little with Will, MJ's twin in his crib.


The poem on the pillow reads:

You have this twin brother,
He loves you very much,
But you'll never get to see him,
Or feel his gentle touch

He had to go away you see,
Through God's Garden gates,
Though he longs to meet you,
Heaven's where he waits

You have this twin brother,
He's sending you his love,
Although he longs to be with you,
He watches from above,

He grew his Angel wings you see,
Through none of us were ready,
On one of Heaven's clouds he sleeps,
Cuddling his teddy

You have this twin brother,
He'd love to come and play,
But for all eternity
In the sky is where he'll stay

God had a plan you see,
He needs him by his side,
He's shown him how to use his wings
Through Heaven's clouds he glides

You have this twin brother,
And though you are apart,
The love that you feel for him,
Will remain forever in your heart.

I don't think I need to explain what that poem means to me. I don't know who wrote it, it was sent to me.

Patches is now watching over Will as he sleeps. He will be mailed out hopefully tomorrow to his next stop. We have not been able to take MJ's name down off of the wall in their room just yet. We keep saying that we need to, but we have just not yet had it in our hearts to do so. So Patches is watching over Will resting in MJ's name . . . .




Farewll Patches! You will be missed in our household, but we know that you will be busy comforting so many other families in your journey.

2 comments:

Holly said...

What a lovely visit. And I love the poem!!

Jodie said...

I feel every bit of what you are feeling too. Its the strangest thing. I wish we lived closer to where we could walk this together. We took Eli's name down when we were ready, which was a long time. There was a whole lot of grief involved in that as well, as we don't want to 'leave' our twins behind. Much love to you guys- thinking about you!