Friday, October 1, 2010

New Blog Friday!

Aly over at The Infertility Overachievers has decided to feature me on her New Blog Friday! I love reading her blog and was so excited when she asked if I wanted to be on New Blog Friday. So to all of the people heading over here from there, WELCOME to my blog! I know you read a little bit about me over there, but here you can see more of my life and my sons.

The reason that I started blogging was to document the foundation that we started MJ's name: MJ's Memories. We are a Local Project of Project Sweet Peas and we donate care packages to families with a baby in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, where MJ lived his entire life. This month is actually our One Year Anniversary!!

Slowly but surely this blog became my outlet to everything through my grief. Being a mother to an Angel is not easy. After the funeral, people slowly stop calling and stopping by. The people who you thought were your friends pretend like you don't exist - its almost as if you have a plague. And throughout everything, all you want to do is talk about your baby. We lost MJ a little over a year ago and every day I fight for to validate his life. Every day I find ways to include him in our family. We are a family of four, but people only see three.

So here, on my blog, I can yell and scream and cry and laugh about it all. So thank you for stopping over to check me out, and to everyone who already reads my blog, thank you for allowing me to share my sons with you. They are both a huge part of my life.

3 comments:

Lisette said...

Thanks to you for sharing your journey. You are an amazing momma, ((HUGS)).

Lora said...

I'm visiting from Infertility Overachievers. Reading your story has me in tears. I am glad that you have found blogging as a way to cope, to vent, to process your grief. Your family of four is in my thoughts and prayers this evening.

With Out My Punkin said...

Why is it that people think once the funeral is over things are better? People avoid us too... You have done wonderful things and MJ is proud of you!