Friday, March 19, 2010

Bad Weather = Busy Weekend

Anticipating the wretched weather that we are in store for this weekend, I headed to Hobby Lobby this week and spent well over $100 on things to do this weekend for our Project Sweet Pea - MJ's Memories. We started today because I was lucky enough to get out of work early. We still have a lot of work to do in order to get ready for April delivery date goal. I know that we can make, we have just been very busy these last few weeks. So I guess the bad weather kind of works out nice for us, because this way we can get a jump start on the things that we need to get done. 

I tied 100 bows this evening for our girl bags. I thought it would take a lot longer, but it didn't, so that was a nice surprise. We put five bows in each bag with a small thing of surgical lubricant, which gets sticky when it dries. This will allow parents of a NICU baby girl to have a small way of dressing up their new daughter. NICU babies cannot wear clothes for such a long time, and these bows will give parents a small sense of normalcy. What new parent doesn't just love dressing up their new baby?




We still have tons of fabric from the large fleece blankets that have been donated. So I have been cutting the fleece blankets into smaller sizes and sowing them together with a decorative fleece to make an oh-so-cute baby blanket for our bags. I just totally love this ladybug fabric for several reasons. A.) It's just too cute! B.) Every parent of an angel has something that reminds them of their angel. Kate, one of Project Sweet Peas founders, has a daughter Shannon who was also born with CDH. Shannon is an angel, just like MJ. Butterflies remind me of MJ and Ladybugs remind Kate of Shannon. I was lucky enough to receive a sign from heaven from Shannon a few weeks ago. The weather has started to become warm here in Kansas (minus this coming weekend!) and we have been taking Will on walks several times a week. The first time we took him on a walk was kind of hard for me. When I was pregnant I used to daydream all the time on how we would take out the double stroller and go on our walks and just have the best time with our two boys. Taking out the single stroller was a little heartbreaking, as every new thing that we have done with Will has turned out to be. When we got home I was a little more bummed thinking about it, and we came inside and I put Will down on his play gym. Right next to his play gym was a ladybug. Mind you, there is absolutely no reason for a ladybug to be out in the beginning of March, just as the weather turns warm. It was a sign from Heaven, from Shannon. I think she was telling me that she was taking care of my little boy. You see, Shannon has been in Heaven for three years, so she must know the ropes by now! Now every time I see a ladybug I think of Shannon and how I know that she must be taking care of my little boy! 




This week we also received some baby blankets from my mother in law, Cathy. She knits them and they are just beautiful! They are the perfect size for our bags and I know that she makes them with such love. They are such a perfect addition to our bags!!

0 comments: