Tuesday, March 2, 2010

We Have Delivered One More Bag

To the parents of Baby Jaxon, who was born over the weeknd 15 weeks too early. He only weighs 1 lb 15 oz. My husband and I went to college with both of his parents and have known them for quite some time. I will never forget seeing his mom after we lost MJ in the bathoom at a restaurant where we went to college. Tears filled her eyes as she said how sorry she was that we lost MJ. It is moments like those that touch my heart. Knowing that my son has touched other people's lives. I don't think that either of us would have ever thought that she would be needing one of our gift bags. She wasn't even pregnant at the time.

I remember she asked to hold Will for awhile while we ate our dinner. I watched her walk around the restaurant with him in her arms while she whispered in his ear, and tears fell down her face. I can only imagine what she said to him. I hope that she knows how much that meant to me.

Now I am sitting here with tears in my eyes as I pray for her son. So R. and B. please know that our family is thinking of you and your family each and everyday as your son fights for his life. I hope that you receive your gift bag soon and it sends you a little bit of comfort.

0 comments: