Wednesday, May 26, 2010

It's Hard Not to Get Excited

When so many things are going right and are going to happen in the next few months. Everything with the Pepsi Grant is going to be amazing, I just know it! We should receive the funds sometime this week, along with a package full of goodies from Pepsi. I can't wait for this to happen! Once this does, then we will start ordering all of the things to put in our gift bags - $18,000 worth of stuff!!! We have figured that at absolute minimum, Project Sweet Peas as a whole will be able to donate 600 gift bags with the grant money. Think about this - that means that 600 families will be able to feel the love and comfort that we include in our gift bags! I am SO excited about this! There are so many other things that are the brink of happening with Pepsi - and I want to so badly announce all of them, but I don't want to get too excited and then something fall through. So I am going to simply let them happen and embrace them as they come. I don't want to set myself up for disappointment if something falls through. But they are super amazing!!

It is our goal as a Local Project to donate 50 gift bags and 35 Memory Boxes on August 29, 2010. This day marks the one year anniversary that we lost MJ - it is his Angel Day. So what have we planned for MJ's Angel Day? Something so amazing that I just cannot keep my mouth shut about it. We are planning a fundraiser in MJ's honor that day. We are planning a Butterflies and Balloons Rememberance Release. That day we will be releasing Butterflies and Balloons in his memory and for all of the angel babies that are no longer with us. Ten dollars will purchase one butterfly and one balloon to be released. Your presence is not necessary! If you cannot come to the Butterflies and Balloons Rememberance Release, then your butterfly and balloon will be released on  your behalf. A message will be written on each balloon and a photo of the release will be emailed to you! All proceeds benefit MJ's Memories, a local project of Project Sweet Peas. I am so excited about this! For more information on the Butterfly and Balloon Rememberance Release, please email me at megan@projectsweetpeas.com



I think this is the most perfect way to spend MJ's Angel Day. At his service, we released 35 butterflies, one for each day that we had MJ with us. One of the butterflies landed on his twins face just before it flew away. I know that it was my baby boy saying goodbye one last time. I will never forget that moment when I looked down and on Will's cheek, a little butterfly kissed him goodbye. Butterflies will always hold a very special place in my heart now.

4 comments:

Lisette said...

Hooray, I am so happy for you!!! Reading about the butterfly kissing his brother just brought tears to my eyes. So beautiful and what a BEAUTIFUL way to celebrate his life. I was thinking of also doing a butterfly/balloon release for Sami too (great minds think alike). I would love to participate on his angel day.

Lori said...

I love this!!! I love all that you are going to be able to do!!! AMAZING!!!

With Out My Punkin said...

I love that MJ said one last goodbye to Will, that brought tears to my eyes! MJ's angelversary will be special and full of love for MJ! Good luck with getting all the bags out, its great that you will be comforting so many families!

Hannah Rose said...

I'm so sorry for the loss of your precious MJ. It is so precious the butterfly landing on Will's face. I just came across your blog on Lori's page and am glad I did. :) I have twin brothers who are 25 now, so you have a special place in my heart.