Sunday, May 2, 2010

What a Wild Week!

I know I haven't posted in forever, but this week has just been very nuts for me. To start off, I want to say THANK YOU to everyone that voted for us and helped us win the Pepsi Refresh Everything Grant for $25,000!!!! We are still unofficial, as we are in a two week confirmation stage. Basically, Pepsi wants to make sure that we are a legit organization. After all, they aren't just going to shell out $25,000 to just anyone! I have been working on paperwork all weekend once they announced the winners Saturday morning - but I am SO glad to do it. Not only did we place in the Top Ten, we acutally placed FIRST out of all of the projects going for $25,000, which I think was around 500. I just can't believe it - it is such an honor to be able to carry out our mission! So once again, THANK YOU.

So back to my crazy past few days. Thursday was eight months since we lost MJ. Every month, when that number of months get bigger, it gets harder. Emotionally is just a lot for me to take in. It seems like it always takes me a few days to recover from going through all of the emotions of losing him again. I just ache and ache for my son. And those anniversary days make the ache worse. And even though its hard, and I cry and the pain is very, very real. It's a good thing. It makes me feel close to MJ. It makes me remember him and every little thing about him. Its how I know that I will never, ever forget him. Nor will I ever stop loving him.

So after an emotionally charged Thursday, Friday came and was the last day of voting. And I couldn't believe that we kept moving UP! We finished the voting in the top place, which really, just still amazes me.

Saturday morning we got up and headed out to Kansas City for the March of Dimes walk. We walked with Team Lillian. Lillian is the daughter of friends of ours. She was born at 24 weeks gestation and has been in the hospital for about two months. She has faced a lot of battles, but seems to be doing well and is one the right track to coming home. Lillian has a twin, Addilyn that passed away at 21 weeks gestation. We brought along 5 balloons that we walked with, one balloon for each week that MJ lived. At the end of the walk we released them. Here are a few photos from the walk. . .

Team Lillian

Releasing Balloons for MJ

Right after we did the walk, we headed over the Children's Mercy Hospital, where MJ lived, and donated 30 more care packages. We are so blessed to be able to do this in MJ's name. It means so much to us, I really just can't explain it. And, at the same time we are doing this for the families who were in the same situation for us. 

Willie with 30 PSP Bags!

Donating the Bags

After getting home on Saturday, we have been working so hard on the Pepsi Grant Paperwork. We are getting a lot of help figuring it all out from Pepsi, and we have a small amount of time to get it done in. But the work is completely worth it, and I couldn't be happier to do it. 


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Megan, you have done an amazing job. Who would have thought that a month ago you could be where you are today. Winning the Pepsi Refresh Everything and being able to help so many more families.

MJ is watching you and smiling down on his Mom. Our heart goes out to you each month and that the time goes by and he is not with His family. We love you, Mom and Dad

Jennifer Tenney said...

Congratulations! What an awesome tribut to MJ! I am sure he is very proud of his mom!
Hugs,
Jennifer
Mom to Dakota 12-25-2008
RCDH survivor

Tina said...

I am so happy you finished first! That is wonderful! You have done an amazing job and I am sure MJ is smiling down on you because he is so proud of what his mommy does in honor of him. xx