Monday, February 22, 2010

Our Newest Adventure . . . . .

Well first off I want to say a big THANK YOU to everyone who came to our fundraiser. In spirit and in person! There were a ton of people there and I think that we surprised even the Boston Market staff! It will take 5-6 weeks for us to get our donation check, so we won't know officially how we did until them. But I think it was a success!

Last week we ordered a bunch of stuff off of Oriental Trading Company, and it came in today! The day of the fundraiser, too! We ordered some little stuffed monkeys and teddy bears - which are a perfect size for a isolette! We also ordered some put it together yourself picture frames that I spent some tim putting together tonight! Cute fun ones for baby girls and sports themes for baby boys! I think I am going to have a lot of fun putting them together . .  . . my husband, not so much, LOL Currently he is playing some army game on the PS3. He is a good sport, though. (And I think he actually likes putting stuff like this together!) Probably this weekend we will start putting them all together and getting that kind of stuff ready for the bags. We are spending Saturday at my sister's, so maybe her and her boyfriend will want to help us! We'll see, though! Here is a picture of the frames I put together tonight, and the cute little animals, too!


Overall today was a good day. We got to spend some time with some great friends and raise money for MJ's Memories all at the same time. Then I got to come home and do some artsy craftsy stuff, which is fun, too! The more items that we are able to make 'homemade' the more love that goes into these care packages. I hope that the recipients can feel how much love that we put into the bags. Just thinking that someone who is facing the devastation of having a baby in the NICU - then receiving one of these bags makes me smile. I know that I would have loved one when MJ was in the NICU. We received a few similar items, but nothing to the scale of what we are doing. The blanket that was given to me, I still sleep with every night. It is the blanket that was wrapped around my baby boy as he passed onto Heaven. I am thinking of getting a tattoo of it, actually. I have MJ's feet prints on my back, and would love to get the phrase, "Rest in Peace, My Son" underneath it, with the words looking as though they are resting on the blanket. Here is a picture of my tattoo, and the blanket I am talking about . . . 

My Tattoo For MJ
(with Will looking over my shoulder)



the blanket MJ was wrapped in when he passed into Heaven

0 comments: